Our philosophy and approach
Our professional back bar contains 23 products designed with the health of the skin, our body’s largest organ, in mind. Taking a gentle approach, we believe that skincare treatments should soothe, nourish, and heal the skin, never stripping it or treating it aggressively. We hand-make every Botnia product at our in-house laboratory in Sausalito, and our back bar offers a full array of physical forms (powders, glycerin extracts, acids, hydrosols, gels, oil, etc.) and functions (buffer, soother, exfoliator, activator, etc.).
Our apothecary-style back bar rewards experimentation and creativity, with every treatment freshly crafted by you at the time of service. You won’t find any pre-made mixes here, but you will find a complete toolkit of skin remedies to design customized services for each client.
Wondering if Botnia is right for you? Great question! At this time, we have to be quite selective about the accounts we work with due to the handmade small batch nature of our skincare and our small micro-farm where we grow many of our own botanicals.
So, if you:
- Are deeply interested in cocktailing your own facials from prepared-for-you raw ingredients
- Consider yourself obsessed with holistic health and whole body approach
- Love plants
- Serve health conscious clients
- Utilize or obsessed with starting to use natural or organic skin care already
- Have a beautiful professional website
- Or, if you’re a retailer looking for a clean beauty approach to products,
We might be a great match! Our goal is to reach those that are looking to bring their skincare game to the next level with holistic remedies that work. This is truly a special partnership and we spend a great deal of time creating and providing resources that are available to 100% of our esthetician community. Our hope is that you are fully supported to do what you do best: offer healing treatments and sell skincare.