Operations and Customer Service
Looking for an operations and customer service who loves being a caretaker.
This unique position is for the person who likes to be a virtual jack of all trades. You will have the opportunity to truly make an impact on the day-to-day running, reputation, and organization of a thriving skincare company.
We are looking for someone who loves to be in front of our clients handling the daily operations of our email, is not afraid to think on their feet and problem solve with our customers. Someone that is communicative and organized that also has a gentle and friendly way of writing.
What’s most important is that you are a team player with a great attitude and are not afraid to work hard. The daily operations at Botnia move quickly. You must be able to accomplish tasks and keep organized all while handling our client’s questions with grace and efficiency.
We are looking for that special someone who is passionate about organizing, planning, and caring, clear communication. This person is a self-defined doer and a natural at multi-project management.
A little history and background about Botnia: the business is in its early stages with our launch in 2017. Botnia was created to provide the world with more individualized, organic skincare that really works. With a beautiful production garden located in Marin County, a career at Botnia offers an opportunity to make a significant impact and be an early team member in a start-up with proven, massive growth potential.
We strive to be the favorite product line for estheticians and home consumers alike, who deeply value health and sustainability. To do this, we need a group of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard-working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
As our Operations and customer service caretaker, you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be a forest + trees thinker, able to jump in and develop solutions where needed. People who are not self-starters, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are excited about a fast-paced, multi-layered job, a detail-obsessed and organized problem-solver with an interest in and appreciation for natural beauty and health.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who makes multi-tasking look easy, who is eager to support our founder and customers, and who is whole-heartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
As part of your job your responsibilities are:
- Emails are answered and organized
- Client questions are responded to both on Facebook and Instagram
- Co-manage Botnia’s social media
- Our founders’emails are returned
- Research projects
- Odd tasks
- Schedules are organized
- Make appointments through google calendar
- Schedule Zoom calls and google meet ups
- A clear line of communication to Botnia HQ
- Bill paying and organizing
- Bookkeeping communications and organization
- Operating systems that are in place now and creating systems where needed
- Taking on larger projects alongside day to day operations
Full-time Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm PST
- Impeccable customer service skills: identify customers’ needs and tailor solutions accordingly
- Approachable: act like a friend that gives great advice, with a personal touch
- Positive energy: has a “no such thing as a stupid question” attitude
- Great communication skills: can communicate with everyone—patience is key
- Ability to facilitate introductions
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- roll-up-your-sleeves attitude (no task is beneath you)
- Ability to identify opportunities, be creative, and generate insights for improvement in systems and operations
- Passion for Botnia’s mission and love for Botnia’s products
- Understanding of Botnia’s aesthetic and visual language
- Comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong ability to manage all projects and organization skills
- Check-in with supervisor regularly to receive and provide feedback
- Operations in Quickbooks, Zoom and Google docs.
- 1+ years of business experience
- Experience working in a small company
- Familiarity with an array of workflow techniques
- Proficient with Mac OS a plus
- Basic bookkeeping and operations skills a plus
- MBA a big plus
Classification & Compensation
- This is a regular, full-time, hourly position
- Benefits include free skincare, an awesome team, getting in on the ground floor with plenty of growth opportunities, Monday-Friday 9-5 pm, full time, and bonuses given.
- General supervision provided by Founder
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply please, fill out the form at the bottom of this page, write a cover letter on the message box and attach your resume. You can also email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com put “Applicant: operations and customer service” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Botnia and Skin Remedy. Due to the high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Botnia is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.