The Botnia Manufacturing Specialist is an organized, details expert who ensures that every product is made to our standards an instruction following, details lover who likes to make sure people receive our products feeling satisfied and impressed.
We are looking for that special someone who will follow effective proprietary recipes and that is passionate about organizing, planning, and caring, clear communication. This person is a self-defined doer and a natural at multi-project management.
A little history and background about Botnia: The business was created to provide the world with more individualized, organic skincare that really works. With a beautiful production garden and laboratory located in Marin County, a career at Botnia offers an opportunity to make a significant impact and be an original team member in a startup with proven, massive growth potential.
We strive to be the favorite product line for estheticians and home consumers alike, who deeply value health and sustainability. To do this, we need a group of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard-working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
As our Manufacturing Specialist, you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be a forest + trees thinker, able to jump in and develop solutions where needed. People who are not self-starters, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are excited about a fast-paced, multi-layered job, a detail-obsessed and organized problem-solver with an interest in and appreciation for natural beauty and health.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who makes multi-tasking look easy, who is eager to support our founder and customers, and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a full-time role that offers 40 hours per week.
As part of your job your responsibilities are:
- Follow the step by step recipe guide on how to make each product
- Measure exact amounts of ingredients to produce consistent products
- Fill bottles with products
Sterilize lab equipment and keep a clean and safe laboratory environment
- Track and organize all batches of product
- Perform quality control measures
- Inventory of raw materials
- Inventory products
- Check-in with supervisor regularly to receive and provide feedback
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, interruption-prone environment
- Follows instructions precisely, pays close attention to detail, and has excellent organizational skills
- Has the ability to simultaneously manage a variety of projects
- Customer-service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues at the moment
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Alignment with our company values: Inclusive, Innovative, Clever, Fun, Thoughtful, and Health
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business
- Experience in manufacturing: managing development from inception through testing, scaling up, and manufacturing
- Experience working in a lab
- Science, science-related, or baking experience; or background working in chemistry, biochemistry, cosmetic chemistry, plant biology, or working in the kitchen of a restaurant.
Classification & Compensation
- This is a regular, full-time, hourly position
- Benefits include: annual holiday bonus, paid vacation and your own skincare is free and health insurance
- General supervision provided by Founder and Supervisor
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Climbing stairs
- Climbing stairs while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply please, fill out the form at the bottom of this page, write a cover letter on the message box and attach your resume. You can also email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com put “Applicant: Manufacturer Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Botnia. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Botnia is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.